Fatherhood is the journey when a male has child or children. Our aim of this website is to provide insights to males who embark the fatherhood journey, especially first-time dads. We also hope to provide a community among fathers, exchanging knowledge and providing support to one another.
First time dads often ask, what is fatherhood and when do fathers feel like fathers. We get different responses on these two questions. Below are some list of responses received from our fellow dads:
- They feel like a father even before the baby was born, when they feel the baby kicking in the mother’s womb
- They feel like a father the very moment the child is born, when there is an instant connection between father and child
- They feel like they are a father after the baby is born, when they hold their new-born close to them, feeling their heartbeat
The other questions often asked is what it means being a father. The responses that we get from fellow dads are as follows:
- Being a father means giving unconditional love and raising the child, sharing life lessons and experiences, guiding and imparting knowledge from birth through to adulthood.
- A father is a role model for the child to look up to
- A father provides a shelter for the child in times of need
The first-time fathers have even more queries, as this is a whole new journey for them. They are excited and look forward to becoming a dad and at the same time, anxious as they are stepping into the unknown. They want to ensure that they provide sufficient support to their wives during the whole pregnancy term till delivery and when the child is born. Having the necessary knowledge from various sources will help first time fathers reduce their anxiety and enjoy their fatherhood.